You Can Help Us Populate This Space!
Volunteers have helped forward the greenway vision all along the way. Everybody knows that many hands make light work–and greenway progress!
One very important way that volunteers help the greenway is to show up! Hundreds have turned out to support the greenway in past public meetings, generously volunteering their time, ideas and voices. Their voluntary presence has helped the greenway become a community priority.
In coming months a public process for an official greenway master plan will be underway. Watch ACGC, community news, social media and local public communication channels for meetings and opportunities to get involved in creating your greenway.
We want to recognize those who are going the extra mile (or two!) for the greenway in volunteer activities. We want your greenway volunteer stories! Let us toot your greenway horn!
Here are examples of volunteer activities that have already been vital in greenway progress–
- Expanding Ann Arbor Parks volunteer stewardship to restore existing planting in the greenway area
- Leading scheduled walks along the proposed route and areas
- Helping with communications and printed materials
- Speaking with visitors at greenway information sessions in public spaces and at events like the Farmers Market, Mayor’s Green Fair and the HomeGrown Festival
Adopting the greenway for Universtiy of Michigan faculty-led studet studies and projects
Preserving opportunities to take the “ing” out of parking in the greenway with a public slide show that facilitated better public parking management
Volunteering professional services to establish the Allen Creek Greenway Conservancy and keep the greenway vision alive
- Stimulating community discussion of the greenway during a City Council campaign
- Promoting the greenway to neighborhood groups
- Presenting information on specific greenway opportunities like making a featured greenway park at First and William Streets
- Participating with a high school dance group participating in a site-specific program on the greenway led by professional choreographers
- Serving on related task forces and committees and commissions to keep the greenway relevant
The volunteer possibilities are yours for the doing.
Email the Allen Creek Greenway Conservancy at email@example.com